Did you know?
- Red blood cells live for about four months
- White blood cells live on average more than a year
- Skin cells live about two or three weeks
- Colon cells have it rough; they die off after about four days.
- Sperm cells have a life span of only about three days.
- Brain cells typically last an entire lifetime (neurons in the cerebral cortex for example, are not replaced when they die.)
Your body is designed to heal itself! It is in a constant state of change and repair! In order to do this, your body must follow a precise program. Your nervous system (your brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves) is the thing that runs that program; it is your computer central command center, and as long as it is functioning normally everything works at it’s best…you have optimal health and that is
normal. If something interferes with the function of your nervous system your body won’t be able to do what it is programmed and designed to do…it will fail, it will break down, it will compensate, and it will never be as good as o
ptimal. Chiropractors are the only ones who are trained to assess and improve the function of the nervous system.
So…no matter the age, everyone deserves to have optimal function and to live life at it’s fullest. Make sure that you have a chiropractor as part of your wellness team and see them regularly so you live life at it’s fullest and raise your kids at their highest potential.